MISURATA FREE ZONE MFZ
The first free trade zone in Libya was created in the city of Misurata. Misurata Free Zone (MFZ) was established in accordance to Law No. 9/2000, regulating free trade activities, and aiming at diversification of revenue sources, enhancing local economy’s performance and opening employment and training opportunities.
MFZ is located in the middle of the Mediterranean basin, on an area of 3539 hectares including the seaport.
This area is divided into two prime sites:
- Site A: 539 hectares, including the sea port.
- Site B: 3000 hectares, located 8km southeast of site A.
Investments in the Misurata Free Zone cover all areas of the economy, such as industries, services and commercial and logistics activities.
In December 2015:
- 12 companies have started operations in the area.
- 17 companies have signed contracts to settle in the area
- 4 companies have started the installation procedure.